HONEY BASTED TURKEY
2 hrs 10 minutes
1 hr 20 minutes
3 hrs 30 minutes
Recipe makes 12 servings
- 6 lb turkey
- Fryer roasters
- Meat, skin, giblets and neck, raw
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of corn oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey (strained or extracted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of yellow mustard seed
- Cut turkey into pieces as follows” 2 wings, 2 drumsticks, 2 thighs, 4 breast pieces, and 4 back pieces.
- In a mixing bowl combine 1/2 cup of soy sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger, 2 garlic cloves, 1/2 cup of corn oil 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 1/2 teaspoon of yellow mustard seed.
- Marinate turkey in mixture. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Drain turkey pieces. make sure to reserve marinade.
- Place drumsticks, thighs, and breast pieces 6 to 8 inches above medium hot coals.
- Grill for 30 minutes. Make sure to turn occasionally.
- Add wings and back pieces to grill. Continue to grill for an additional 30 minutes. Make sure to turn occasionally.
- Baste turkey with marinade and continue to grill until turkey is tender for about another 20 minutes.
- Allow turkey to cool for a few minutes.